Canine & Feline Iridology Course
Next Class to be Announced Soon! This is a 5 week course! Look for “Owner” Feline & Canine Iridology” towards the bottom. Sign up today to reserve your spot!
Human Iridology & Reflexology Course
Equine Iridology Course
Next Class Starts Feb 20th! This is a 5 week course. Look for “Owner” Equine Iridology towards the bottom of the page.
What is Iridology?
Iridology is the science and study of the iris of the eye. It reveals genetic markers created from the past three generations in a person’s family, so our health is only as strong as our ancestors. Color, density of the fibers and structure are looked at to determine genetic predisposions to certain weaknesses and strengths. Iridology is NOT a diagnostic tool in the sense that the traditional medical system uses to treat disease, as it cannot determine specific diseases. It does give us insight into what we can do to strengthen areas and systems in our body to live a healthier life.
What Iridology CANNOT DO:
- Diagnose cancer or any other disease although it can give you indications of inherited energy weakness in the various tissues.
- Determine if one has parasites, fungus or bacteria in any organ or system.
- Determine constipation, toxic colon or diverticulitis.
- Determine heavy metals or toxicity.
- Determine if healing is taking place in any organ.
- Determine high blood pressure or high blood sugar.
What Iridology CAN DO:
- Tell us what conditions we are most susceptible to, such as chronic sinus and lung mucous, blood and cholesterol issues, lowered immune function and more.
- Tell us if we inherited certain weakness from our ancestors that we can strengthen with nutrition and good lifestyle habits.
- Determine certain traits in our personality, and life lessons yet to be learned.Iridology is NOT a diagnostic tool; iridologists use its methods to help individuals strengthen the health with which they were born. We are born with specific strengths and weaknesses from our ancestors, especially the past three generations. Iris signs that develop in the eye are permanent signs directly related to the diet and lifestyle habits of those who came before us. If we choose to take heed to these signs and work with our diet and lifestyle habits to strengthen these inherited weaknesses, we can promote healthier future generations in our family and better health ourselves.
Our Mission Statement
The eye of the animal, whether it is human, dog, cat or horse, is not limited for seeing the outside world; iridology technicians use it as a window to see images within the body. It is a form of communication between the iridologist and the client. This science is used as a nutritional guide that can assist all animals toward a higher level of health.
The mission of this website is to give you information and educational choices that will make a difference in the health of your animals.
Books & Charts
Buy our Book or any of the Grids available!
Take your own photo and send it to us! We can assess it for you via phone or email!
See the latest blog post by Mercedes Colburn, ND, PhD
EDUCATION OF YOUR INSTRUCTOR: Mercedes Colburn, ND, PhD
- 1977 MA, Vocational Education, University of California, Berkeley
- 1987 Certification/Iridology Dr. J. Richardson
- 1988 Herbalist, Dr. Richardson
- 1988-1989 House Herbalist at Through The Eye International (formerly the Herb Farm Co.)
- 1989 Certified Nutritional Herbalist, Mark Peterson
- 1989 Certified Herbalist, Dr. Jim Jenks
- 1989-Certification/Iridology, Dr. Bernard Jensen.
- 1990 Certified nutritional Herbalist. Dr. J. Richardson
- 1992 Certified Herbal Consultant, Joan Vandergriff
- 1995-Present Researcher/Educator/Equine Iridology
- 1998 MA, Holistic Healing, Steveal Horn
- 1999 Iridologist/Herbalist, Dr, Jim Jenks
- 2000 Certified Iridology, Dr. Jim Jenks
- 2001 Doctor of Naturopathy, Trinity College, IN
- 2006 PhD, Richmond’s University, London, England